Tuesday 7 April 2020

Well hello there, it's nice to see you again!

I'm acutely aware that it's been 3 and a half years and we're currently still stuck in the middle of Chilean Patagonia... Day 60 seemed to have lasted forever!

What can I tell you... it's the day before the 'day of doom' where we cycled through rivers and under waterfalls and slept in some kids bed for the night after crying at a lady who had rented a room from a hostel because the owners were out of town and she couldn't help us, because lets face it she was just on holiday... I mean that day and the weeks that followed are still to be written! I did however make extensive notes... that are saved on my phone... my old phone... that suffered greatly in the rain... that is currently convalescing somewhere in a drawer... actually I think it's at best on a life support machine... I'm hoping a full battery replacement will let me get at its word documents and photos... but it's been 3-4 years now so I'm not overly hopeful... actually that's a lie... I'm hugely hopeful and ridiculously optimistic... I should learn to face facts on this one I think and just dig some days out of my jaded memory! Oh wait... perhaps they're backed up in the cloud...

Oh will you look at that... I have some word document notes... I'll have to say goodbye to the photos I fear but at least I can continue the adventure for you...

You never know perhaps I'll actually finish writing this thing... sometime in 2036 I predict... it's gripping isn't it... hold tight and I'll be back soon!

Em xxx

(No no longer pedaling south... did that give too much away? opps... sorry! I am however facing the Southerly direction, does that count?)

No comments:

Post a Comment